Green Machine Spring Rolls with Jalapeno Tahini Sauce
Spring rolls are so great but often you see them with the same fillings and same peanut sauce. Don’t get me wrong, I love those too! I wanted to create an all raw spring roll with a little bit of a twist!
This is packed with nutrition and flavor and a bit unique thanks to sauerkraut and the tahini based sauce. It will become your new spring roll craving!
This entire recipe comes together really quickly and is great for parties. Tobegin, we need to make the sauce. In a blender, add the nut milk, tahini, lime juice, soy sauce, chunk of ginger, and jalapeno. I like spice so I threw in a larger chunk with the seeds and membranes left in. If you are wanting it to have jalapeno flavor but not a lot of spice, remove the seeds and membranes. Remember to start small and you can always add more as you figure out the spice of your jalapeno as well! Blend everything on high until smooth and transfer to a bowl to sit and left flavors blend.
Next we will prep all of the vegetables. Lay out your spinach leaves (stems removed), slice your avocado, and prep the asparagus. To prep the asparagus, snap the bottom portion off and discard. With the portion left, cut in half or thirds depending on the size, ultimately just a good size to lay out on the spring roll wrapper. Use a mandolin and slice the cucumber and radish into thin rounds.
To create your spring roll station, lay out a clean towel flat and fill up a large bowl with hot water. Place one spring roll wrapper in the warm water for 15-25 seconds, until it has softened. Remove from the water and lay it out flat on the clean towel.
On the side closest to you, layer all of the ingredients leaving 1-2 inches on the bottom and sides. Begin by rolling the edge closest to you, away from you. Once it is rolled over once, tuck in each side and finish rolling it up while pulling it as tightly as you can without ripping the paper.
Set ona plate and repeat to make the second spring roll. Serve the spring rolls with the sauce and sesame seeds sprinkled on top!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 1 cup Spinach Leaves
- 1 Radish
- 3 In Chunk of English Cucumber
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/2 cup Snow Peas
- 4 Stalks of Asparagus
- 1/2 cup Sauerkraut
- 2 tbs Sesame Seeds
- Jalapeno Tahini Sauce:
- 1-2 tbs chopped Jalapeno
- 1 tbs Grated Ginger
- 1 tbs Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tbs Tahini
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- 1 tbs Nut Milk
STEP BY STEP
- In a blender, add all of the ingredients for the Jalapeno Tahini Sauce and blend on high until smooth. Set aside for flavors to blend.
- Using a Mandolin, slice the radish and cucumber into thin rounds. Slice half of an avocado and prepare the asparagus by breaking off the lower half to discard and cut the remaining half in half.
- Take your spring roll wrappers and place them next to a clean towel. Fill a large bowl with hot water and place one spring roll wrappers in the water for 20-25 seconds. Remove the wrapper and lay it on the clean towel.
- On the side of the wrapper closest to you, layer half of the ingredients (recipe is for 2 spring rolls). Then roll it up like a burritio; roll away from you, tuck in each side and finish rolling to seal the edges.
- Repeat to create your second spring roll.
- Serve with your sauce on the side to dip and enjoy!