Savory Zucchini Bread
Avocado Toast, Toast with scrambled eggs, Toast with your favorite soup…the pairings of good toast are endless! There are so many good breakfast breads out there as well but so many are sweet based. Therefore, I created this dairy-free and gluten free bread to have savory flavors which are perfect to top with your favorites!
This quickly shot to the top of my breakfast go-to’s and I think it will for you too.
To begin the recipe, we will whisk together the wet ingredients; the melted coconut oil, nut milk, applesauce and flax eggs. For the flax eggs, each egg is 1 tbs of flaxseed meal and 2.5 tbs of water, therefore for 2 eggs we need a total of 2 tbs Flaxseed and 5 tbs of water. Mix this together and let sit for 5minute before combining with everything else.
Next, we need to grate the zucchini. I grated mine right onto some cheesecloth and squeezed out all of the extra moisture, you can do the same with papertowel as well. Dump the zucchini right into the bowl with the wet ingredients.
Next, we sift together the dry ingredients; out flour, your favorite gluten free flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and garlic powder. Once sifted into the wet ingredients, add the Trader Joes Everything but the Bagel seasoning, nutritional yeast, fresh chives, and fresh parsley. Stir everything to combine.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a loaf pan, pour your batter into the pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean.
My favorite way to prepare this bread is to slice, drizzle with olive oil and toast for 7 minutes in 350 degree oven. Remove and top with avocado, tomato and a side of eggs.
The options are endless for this so be sure to let me know your favorite way to enjoy a slice!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 1 cup Grated Zucchini
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- 1 cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbs Garlic Powder
- 2 tbs Trader Joes Everything but the Bagel Seasoning
- 1 tbs Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup Nut Milk
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 Flax Eggs (2 tbs Flaxseed Meal with 5 tbs Water)
- 1 tbs Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 2 tbs Chopped Fresh Chives
STEP BY STEP
- In a bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients for the dough; melted coconut oil, nut milk (I used almond), applesauce, and flax eggs. For flaxeggs, stir together the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 5 minutes before adding to mixture)
- Grate the zucchini over papertowel or cheesecloth. Wring out extra liquid from the zucchini and add it to the bowl with the wet ingredients.
- Over the bowl with the wet ingredients, sift the dry ingredients in; oat flour (blended oats), gluten free flour, baking soda, baking powder, garlic powder and salt. Then add in the Trader Joes seasoning, nutritional yeast, fresh parsley, fresh chives and stir everything together until it is just mixed.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Pour the batter into a lightly greased loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes and then remove. Store in the refrigerator.