Tahini and Seed Pasta Salad
While my mother was at a bridal shower, she tasted this pasta salad she fell in love with. She brought some home for me to taste and try to recreate. It was something I haven’t had anything like before and I found myself devouring it!
There is tahini, sesame oil, poppy seeds…a deep savory nutty flavor while still being light. Bonus, is that there are so many fun pastas on the market to try this out with now! I used my favorite chickpea pasta but no matter what you use, its going to be a hit!
We start by making the dressing for the salad. In a bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, champagne vinegar, tahini, sesame oil, onion powder, garlic powder, brown rice syrup, poppy seeds, toasted sesame seeds, fresh parsley, and sundried tomato oil. For the sundried tomato oil, I use the oil from my favorite jar of sundried tomatoes.
Set this aside for the flavors to blend and to cook up your noodles! Follow the instructions per your noodle but be sure to properly salt the water as well. Cook until the noodles are soft but have a slight crunch in the middle and use a slotted spoon to pull them out of the water and place directly into the bowl with the dressing. You want the pasta to be warm so it absorbs the dressing, plus some pasta water is good for the dressing as well!
Stir everything together to evenly coat the pasta. Slice a yellow pepper into thin strips and add that along with extra parsley, crumbled feta cheese, and sunflower seeds to the bowl. Stir and let this refrigerate for at least four hours but can be made a day in advance!
I like to serve this at room temperature, so pull out an hour before serving!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 3 cups Pasta
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/3 cup Crumbled Feta
- 1 tbs Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 tbs Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Champagne Vinegar
- 1 Heaping tbs Tahini
- 2 tsp Oil from Jarred Sundried Tomatoes
- 2 tbs Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbs Brown Rice Syrup
- 1 tsp Poppy Seeds
- 2 tbs Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbs chopped Fresh Parsley
STEP BY STEP
- In a bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing. For the Sundried Tomato Oil, just use the oil that your favorite jarred sundried tomatoes sit in.
- Cook your past according to it's instructions and be sure to generously salt the water. I used Chickpea Pasta
- When noodles are cooked, remove from the boiling water with a slotted spoon and place directly into the bowl with the dressing. The pasta water will help with the sauce and the warm pasta will absorb the flavors.
- While the pasta is cooling in the dressing, slice the yellow pepper into thin strips. Add the sliced pepper, sunflower seeds, poppy seeds, toasted sesame seeds, feta cheese, and fresh parsley. Stir to evenly mix everything.
- Enjoy right away or this can bemade in advance and serve at room temperature.