Chocolate Dipped Cinnamon Tahini Cookies
I saw a donut that was a cinnamon batter and crusted in sesame seeds. The combination always stuck with me and I used that idea to create these cookies. These cookies are a fun twist to a peanut butter cookie we all know and love, plus they are sugar and dairy free!
These are a great fall cookie to have on hand for yourself or to serve at your next get-together, whether its a crowd of 1 of 15, its a guaranteed show stopper!
The dough comes together really simply for this cookie! Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a mixer bowl, add together the wet ingredients; almond milk, vanilla extract, tahini, honey, and maple syrup. I like using both honey and maple syrup because they have different notes that bring in great flavors. Whisk everything together evenly
Then, sift in the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients; the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix to just combine the dough and not over mix it.
Line a baking sheet with either parchment paper or a silicone mat. Take 1 tbs of the dough, roll it into a ball, and press it down to be 1/2 in thick. These don’t spread out, so feel free to just leave about an inch for each cookie on the sheet. Sprinkle sesame seeds and gently press them into the dough to stick. Bake for 10 minutes.
Once the cookies are done cooking, remove and transfer to a cooling rack. While the cookies are cooling, we can start the chocolate. Create a double boiler on your stove over medium-high heat. To create a double boiler, fill your sauce pan half way up with water and place a glass bowl that sits on top, on top of the pan. Add in the chopped up chocolate bar and coconut oil and stir until completely mixed. Then using a spoon to drizzle or feel free to just dunk the cookie into the chocolate. Transfer each dipped cookie to parchment paper to cool. Once done, place them on a plate into the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbs Cinnamon
- 2 tbs Sesame Seeds
- 2 tbs Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Tahini
- 2 tbs Honey
- 2 tbs Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 1.65 oz 75% Dark Chocolate Bar
STEP BY STEP
- In a mixer bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients; almond milk, tahini, maple syrup, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and into the mixer bowl with the wet ingredients; whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt.
- Once dough comes together, take 1 tbs of dough, roll it into a ball and press flat with palms. Place cookies on a lined baking sheet and sprinkle sesame seeds over the top.
- Place baking sheet with cookies into a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Place a glass bowl over a sauce pan which is filled half way with water and is placed over medium-high heat for a slow boil. Add the coconut oil and chocolate bar to the glass bowl and stir until melted. Dip each cookie half way and let cool on parchment paper.