Grilled Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Chicken wings…classic bar food. There is a place in Milwaukee that grills their wings and does a dry rub and they are my go-to favorite! For this recipe, I use the classic buffalo sauce but add spices to the mix and grill them for that same Smokey flavor.
This recipe is simple but one of my husband’s favorites now! These are perfect for game days, parties, or basically any day that ends in a “y”.
To begin, I start with the buffalo sauce. Mix together the franks buffalo sauce, maple syrup, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and coconut oil. These flavors help give the spice, depth of flavor, and enhance on the grill.
For the cauliflower, cut into bite size florets. Just be sure they are the right size for your grill pan. Toss the cauliflower into the buffalo sauce and let it sit for 4 hours. You can do less but the flavor will be better if you can let it marinade for longer.
Heat up a grill to 300 degrees and place your grill pan on the grill. Once it is warmed up, toss the cauliflower onto the grill pan. Let it grill for 10 minutes with the cover down to help cook their cauliflower through and enhance the smokey flavor.
After ten minutes, toss the cauliflower and grill with the top open for another 10, stirring occasionally to get some good grill marks.
Once cooked, remove from the grill and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
For a homemade ranch, I stirred together greek yogurt, chives, dill, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, and red wine vinegar. Let this sit for at least a couple of hours for the flavors can blend but can be made a day in advance. Welcome a new recipe to your favorites rotation!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 1/2 Head of Cauliflower
- 1/3 cup Franks Buffalo Sauce
- 1 tbs Maple Syrup
- 1 tbs Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Ranch Dressing:
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Chopped Fresh Chives
- 2 tbs Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 2 tbs Chopped Fresh Dill
- 1 tbs Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
STEP BY STEP
- Stir together the ingredients for the ranch dressing, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours for flavors to blend.
- In a bowl, mix together the buffalo marinade; franks buffalo sauce, coconut oil, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and stir into the buffalo marinade. Cover and refrigerate to marinade for preferably 4 hours, ultimately the longer the better.
- When ready to eat, heat up a grill to high heat (300 degrees). Using a grill pan, add the cauliflower to the heated grill and grill for 7 minutes with the lid closed to infuse smokey flavor. After those 7 minutes, uncover and stir and remove once some char marks are achieved.
- Remove cauliflower to a place and serve with the ranch dipping sauce.